my music

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol

Ellen DeGeneres to Join American Idol

Wednesday September 9, 2009

Ellen is a comedian, right. So when I heard her announce that she was going to be the next judge on American Idol, I thought she was joking. But apparently she is serious. Ellen DeGeneres is going to be the next judge on American Idol, replacing Paula Abdul when the show airs in January.

She's not leaving her popular daytime talk show do the job either. "I'm not leaving here, that's for sure," she said on a taping of her show, to be aired on Thursday. "I'm going to have a day job and a night job. It's the times we're living in. We're all doing that."

"I'm the people's point of view," she said. "I'm just like you. I sit at home and I watch it...I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music."

What do you think? Can you imagine it? Sure, Ellen will bring some laughs to the table, but will she really be able to break it to the tone-deaf, horrible singers that they're no good? Does she have enough musical knowledge to make critical judgments of contestants performances? I can't imagine Ellen saying a mean thing about anyone. What will she do when Simon Cowell insults someone?

Will Ellen be a better judge than Paula Abdul? Add your thoughts below about Ellen DeGeneres becoming the next American Idol judge.

No comments: